We are at the peak of winter and I'm bored. So let's just blabber a bit. First of all I swear the lady at the chinese food place I go to every week probably calls me Kung Pao Broccoli. I'm sure that's my nickname. You know it's bad when you call and ask for Kung Pau Chicken with no meat and broccoli instead and you forget to mention that you want the white rice and she remembers that I like white and not fried rice. Today she didn't even ask my name. When I walked in she immediately rang up my order and told me my total. And I was worried I'd end up with the fried rice - which for some reason doesn't go with this dish that well. It wasn't as good as normal - nothing is this week - I have a head cold and everything tastes weird. I did eat all the rice for once and tossed most of the rest of it. Anything sugary is out - it just does not have flavor. Olives are good - salty is in. Meat is out - funky textures. You would think I'd just give in and not eat, but no I keep trying to find something with flavor.
and the cats.... We forgot Mani's food the last time he stayed at the vet and he's now totally out - has been for three days. Don't worry I'm still feeding him just not his special C/D diet food. I consider it his special treat to have a break from the diet right? I'm sure this will rack up yet another vet bill as a result of the break in the diet. Yesterday I came home and was met by super friendly meowing kitties. I immediately figured out it was because the feeder was totally out of food and they hadn't been "fishing" all day for snacks out of the chute. So I let them split a can of wet stuff. They hate the Iams so I thought for sure if they were hungry they would eat it. I can't throw it out and Stephanie now lives to far away to take our donations. Poor Mani takes one bite and I get the look. "what the hell is this?" meowwww.... It was the most pathetic sound. Of course they both finally ate it. And today... forgot to get the food again. Bad. Tomorrow I have to remember to stop and pick it up or it will be an awful weekend with early wake up calls to "feed me". Gotta love the cat food feeder! Best invention yet.
And finally I'm liking this new line up of TV shows - nothing but junk, but at least there isn't a writers strike so there aren't a bunch of re-runs. The Bachelor is interesting and the Biggest Loser is the biggest show ever. I swear some of those people purposely gain weight before they arrive on the show. I mean losing 25 pounds in one week. Really is that possible? I had to laugh at the beginning because they chastised viewers for plunking down with a bowl of ice cream (or something along those lines) to watch the show. I mean how did Jillian know what was on my mind? It didn't sound good until she mentioned it. I never did go get it, but still it sounded mighty good. I just wish they hadn't sent 9 people home the first week I was excited to see them get in some good fights. There are some hot heads on there this season. Bring it on!
3 comments:
All that travel and you are bored?! The Bach is the highlight of the winter here, now that is going to be some good watchin'.
Very funny about the Chinese restaurant. I'm worse, the lady in the Taco Bell drive-thru knows me. One day I told her that I wanted mild sauce and she said that she knew. How embarassing.
I hope you feel better
Since I never get chinese food I am envious. And with a cold it seems that things just taste like the artifical ingredients. Stick with real food, butter, plain stuff. Skip the funky.
Post a Comment