Saturday, January 31, 2009

Racoon Saloon - Chicken Laura

by request... We knew the Racoon Saloon had great burgers and fries, but dinner is even better. On the price scale I would say it's comparable to going to Outback for a filet. It's the local bar with a flair - most people are dressed up. Some ladies came in with fur coats on -I choked on my beer. It was pretty funny. I was wearing my work clothes so I wasn't out of place. It's not a fancy place other wise. Chicken Laura is chicken breast dipped in egg batter and sauteed in white wine lemon sauce and then the three slices (one breast sliced into 3 sections) are layered with freshly cut tomato (it was pretty beefy so it held up well) and fresh mozzarella with basil on top. It was very good. Fresh mozzarella melts funny though - makes it very chewy, but the flavor is good. It was very good - totally homemade. Not that I would try it at home. It came with mashed potatoes on the side and aspargus. The aspargus was really Mark's, but he wanted my veggies which was basically zuchinni and squash with onions. Mark got the prime rib and it came with the bone and must have been at least a pound. It was huge.
Had my leftovers last night and will eat Mark's tonight - he has a roast beef dinner at the fire hall and the wives don't go - guess they know better and don't want to get stuck doing the dishes?

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Yummy Laura. Next time wear your fur coat.