Monday, January 19, 2009

Mani is our Marley

After watching Marley and Me this weekend it's nice to know that we are not the only one's with a naughty pet. Let me point out a few similarities. He eats anything that is edible and loves his food. Spill it on the floor and he's all over it. He has ruined countless bags - not a couch exactly, but still annoying. When he wants your attention and you are not giving it watch out. Last time we went away on vacation for two nights he knocked a candle and jar to the floor in the kitchen. What a mess. From now on if it's more than one night he is off to "cat camp" - aka the vet's back room in a cage. Lately we've been hiding his food feeder during the day so he and Cali can't "snack" all day long. They stick their little paws up the shoot and pull the food out. I think we need something that is more along the lines of a candy machine, but anyway they are naughty (and getting fat I might add!) Sunday morning - very early - like 5:00 am we heard a noise coming from downstairs. Yes, you guessed it - Mani is knocking stuff off the counter. Pennies, camera, wallet and really anything that he can paw at. Lesson learned - clear the counter off at night.
His most naughty thing is peeing when we go away on vacation. Sometimes he will quit peeing and other times he will pee in the corners, on clothes, on bags and generally anywhere you don't want cat pee. Wait am I hearing you say cat pee anywhere is bad? It is! At this point he is on borrowed time because if he stops peeing again or has those nasty stones then who knows what they will do next. He's already gender neutral in way more ways than the normal fixed cat. Truely an It. And truley our Marley.
If you haven't seen the movie go see it -it's cute. Or at least read the book. It references Michigan a couple times and Jennifer was wearing CMU shorts in a clip.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

We had to put Kitty in the basement or she would sit on our heads in the middle of the night or meow very, very loud. You do have a lovely basement.

Natasha said...

Oh I can relate, I haven't read or seen "Marley" yet but I am looking forward to it. WE have Theo who is like a dog in that he wakes me up and I have to go all the way down to our basement and stand there while he uses the kitty litter---if I don't who knows where I will find cat pee. We'll have to compare cat notes later.