This is where I'm really missing my camera - I got some fun shots at the hockey game in Hartford. The Griffins unfortunately lost, but the night was still fun. We had dinner at the Big City Brewery Cafe near the Excel Center and it was very tasty. It sort of felt like we were walking into McFadden's in Grand Rapids, but that is where it ended. There were at least 4 open floors of seating and all sorts of character throughout the dining area. We split the French Onion soup - which was very, very good and a plate of sliders with sweet potato fries. Homemade burgers and rolls - couldn't have done better at home. The beer was also good and made onsite.
The Excel Arena is nothing like Van Andel, however the crowd really got into the game even without all the special effects you find at the Griffins - lots of dancing and the goal for most is to get on the camera while you are acting silly. Maybe next time they will win.
Saturday morning we left for Foxwoods MGM Casino, which was about an hour further down the road. It is in the middle of nowhere and the views are pretty cool as a result. We were on the 24th floor and could see for miles. Mark hit the casino floor and I hit the spa. If you had a spa service you could use all the pools, hot tubs and sauna's at no charge or you could pay $25. I choose the manicure and then made full use of the hot tub. They treat you right with fruit and bottled water and all sorts of current magazines - you know the ones you read while in line at the grocery store. I met back up with Mark for dinner at Al Dente which was at the casino next door. Great Italian food! We then went to see Jay Mohr - a comedian - who was the entertainment for the night. Lucky people that we are we got free tickets when we signed up for our Dream Card at the casino. Lucky I say because one of his headliners was better than him. He was ok, but we didn't know many of the people he was imitating and he really focused on Boston. It is a very nice casino to stay at and I loved the sheets - so soft! We ended out stay with breakfast at Junior's - which we have found in New York City. It was the best breakfast I've had since Real Food. I should have known since the cheesecake last time was to die for. So now we are back to reality and off to work in the morning.
1 comment:
Sounds like an awesome time!! The spa and food sound awesome! I'm glad you had a good trip.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment