Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I Like

There are many things I am liking about our new area. It's been almost one year since we took our house hunting trip. We have had tons of snow this year so it's much prettier than that weekend we visited. Everything looks much better buried under white clean snow. Since it's winter and I'm trapped inside I might as well get in my daily blog. And TV is boring me beyond tears at the moment. I wish I could take pictures of what I see on the way to work and going home - it is truly cool. So I have to be at work way too early and a perk in the east is that sun is coming up now days around 7:00 am. Perfect timing for catching some great sunrises. The sun is usually rising to my left behind the mountains - they are not hills! so anyway... Today it was pink and blue streaks - Monday it was orange. The colors vary and I now understand what my neighbor meant when he said he likes to watch the sunrises from his bed in the morning - they are retired and have lived here for ages. It is quite the site and they have a much better view of the valley from the top of their house that we do.
On my way home I take the long way (ok it's like a minute longer...) and I get a view of the entire valley with the river and sometimes the sun setting as I am heading west. The mountains suround the river and make it look huge. The bridge I cross is two miles long or more like two long miles and if traffic isn't going 65 when they should only be going 35 I can get in a good look at the view. It is pretty awe inspiring and always reminds me I have vacation days to use. A much better"scenic" ride than what I had in GR driving down Division every day!
so where is spring? the countdown to Florida is on! just over two weeks from now we will be flying for warmth!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What! I can't believe you are comparing a mountain sunset to the hobo shelters on Division. No contest. lol
I'm mucho jealous.

Marjie said...

Take your camera, it will work through your car window.